Monday, August 8, 2011

Reupholstery Project

Hello and Happy Monday! It is Monday, isn't it? I always lose track this time of year. With football season in our sights and school starting up in a few days, I'm rushing around to get things done. The players report for training camp tomorrow and Coach is up to his eyeballs in everything football, so my to-do list just got a lot longer!

The Gridiron Gang did manage to squeak out one more relaxing Summer weekend before the football frenzy begins. We spent Saturday visiting with family in Dallas...playing laser tag, bowling and enjoying a nice dinner. Sunday we boiled up a bunch of shrimp, laughed at the length of our list of things we should be getting done, and played in the pool all day. Ahhhhhh, the calm before the storm.

Anyway, as mentioned in a previous post, I've been working on a reupholstery project. My husband and I inherited a beautiful, formal dining room set from his parents. I've been told it might have been a wedding gift to them from their parents, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet. Anyway, Coach and I have had the dining set for years and it's needed to be reupholstered for quite some time. I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to doing it. If I had known how easy it was going to be, I would have done it ages ago!

All I needed was 3 yards of fabric to cover the eight chairs, a screwdriver, scissors, and a staple gun. Man, I love my staple gun! My Daddy gave it to me a few years ago and I use it ALL THE TIME. Anyway, here's a little glimpse of my before and after project....EASY PEASY!

Before - Chair with original covering

Removed seat by unscrewing from base

Measured and cut fabric

Centered fabric, stretched to remove any slack and stapled

Screwed seat back onto base

Finished!

Dining room is complete and ready to be decked out for Fall!

Hope you all have a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Virginia G said...

Oh, the new upholstery is gorgeous! Love it! (and your bright red walls)

Kelley said...

Love the new fabric and the red walls - Kelley

Simple Daisy said...

Ooh...I love it!!! Great job:)
And your dining room is so pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails