Monday, January 4, 2010

Hibernation



I know I said I was ready for a fun and exciting new year, but I've decided I'm not quite ready to come out of hibernaton just yet. I want to go back to a time not so long ago when it was perfectly acceptable to stay in my jammies all day and eat cookies for breakfast. A time where we could just hop in the car and head down to New Orleans for weekend of fun. I want to go back to a time of twinkling lights, when my house smelled of fresh pine and my Saints were still undefeated. I want to go back to December.

January is just too cold. January brings long weeks on the road recruiting and long weekends entertaining recruits and their families...frozen plants and dead grass...Christmas decorations that I have yet to pack up and drag to the attic...a fridge full of holiday leftovers that need to be tossed. Did I mention it's too cold? I've decided not to leave the house until Spring. Until then, I have my happy holiday memories to keep me warm.


All the photos are from our recent trip to New Orleans
for the Saints/Cowboys game and some pre-Christmas fun.


Saints vs Cowboys - Sold out Superdome


Me enjoying beignets in Jackson Square and Coach checking out A Miracle on Fulton Street



Fresh produce at the French Market

2 comments:

Virginia G said...

I agree! I don't want to leave the house until at least April.

Jane said...

I'm with you! It's too cold for this FL girl to venture out. Guess I will have to eventually...the leftovers are gone and the freezer is just about empty.

Love your NOLA photos. I have wonderful memories of being there and look forward to returning one day.

Jane (artfully graced)

Related Posts with Thumbnails