Sunday, July 18, 2010

Roasted Roma Tomatoes

Our garden runneth over...

with Roma Tomatoes!

Thanks to my new friend over at Thy Hand Hath Provided, I've found a wonderful way to use them up...roasted with a little olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs. If you like sun dried tomatoes, I think you'll love these babies! Head on over to Thy Hand and check them out. While you're there, take a look a around. There's a wealth of information about gardening and preserving, as well as lots of yummy recipes and other good stuff.


To learn more about Thy Hand, check out her wonderful interview over at another favorite blog, Clover Lane

You'll notice I didn't get a pic of the finished product, that's because I ate most of them the minute they came out of the oven! They were all carmelized, kinda chewy and perfect. Right before I took them out of the oven, I popped a little mozzarella pearl in each one....OH. MY. GOODNESS.
Absolutely DELICIOUS!

Happy Sunday!

~Gridiron Girl

3 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks for the link to Thy Hand Hath Provided. What a wealth of knowledge! My favorite summertime dinner is a fresh tomato sauce made with Roma tomatoes, carrot, onion and butter (yes, I said "butter". I'll have to post this recipe soon.) These roasted tomatoes may provide an interesting twist to that sauce.

Thanks for visiting with me today. Hope you like the fudge sauce.
Jane (artfully graced)

Melissa @ thelittlegrayhouse said...

Found you from over on Thy Hand. Your tomatoes look delish! Our garden let us down in the tomato department this year but we do have lots of squash and I have been roasting it and it is yummy. Come to think of it I don't know a vegetable I don't like roasted. Anyway, love your blog. Thanks for sharing.

jmac said...

Ok. so tell me how you did these...in the usual quick fire way!! No time to search sites...just need to know how you did them..what seasoning? how long? did you freeze finished product? in what?
thanky ma'am.!

Related Posts with Thumbnails